Welcome to Ryan and Sky's Blog!

Welcome to our blog. This blog was setup to follow our son's, Ryan, journey to receiving a service dog.



Ryan is 10 years old and has cerebral palsy which makes his leg muscles very tight and difficult to walk. He uses forearm crutches for short distances and an electric wheelchair for longer distances.



Tasks that are easy for a typical child such as opening a door or picking up an item off the floor can be very difficult for Ryan.



We applied for a service dog for Ryan in April 2008. He was partnered with a female black lab named Sky in August of 2011.



Please join us in our journey with Ryan and Sky!



















Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Life: Changed

This is Ryan. I have a few words to say: This dog has changed my life. Taking care of and handling a Service Dog is a big responsibility. But, I have to say Sky is a big help!!   

2 comments:

  1. Ryan,
    You are doing a wonderful job!! I am so proud of how hard you have worked to become a team with Sky. You guys are going to have many happy years together!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with how much you and Sky have already accomplished. The "sky" is the limit for what you will do in the future! You make giving Sky up so worthwhile! People ask me all the time if it's hard to give up the dog after spending so much time with her. My answer is always the same. Knowing that she is helping Ryan makes all the difference for me. Thanks for sharing, Ryan.
    Sarah S.

    ReplyDelete